With the temperatures rising, summer is a great time for super cool snacks! And with these easy-to-make chilly peanut butter treats, little hands can get in the kitchen with mom and dad to create these simple recipes. Perfect for playgroups, swim dates, or just to put a little love and sweetness into your day.
Peanut Butter Cookie & Cookie Dough Chillers
Featuring Emeril Lagasse’s I Can’t Believe It’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies. Makes 12 Chillers. Fresh peanut butter cookies make these chillers a family favorite.
- 24 Emeril Lagasse’s I Can’t Believe It’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Pint SO DELICIOUS Gluten Free Cookie Dough Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- Prepare Emeril Lagasse’s I Can’t Believe It’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies as directed in recipe below. Let cookies cool completely.
- Place 1 scoop of SO DELICIOUS Gluten Free Cookie Dough Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert on top of one cookie.
- Place second cookie on top, pressing down slightly, to form chiller sandwich. Continue to repeat steps to form 12 chiller sandwiches.
- Wrap each chiller sandwich individually and tightly in clear plastic wrap. Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy!
I Can’t Believe It’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe and photo courtesy Emeril Lagasse, copyright MSLO, Inc., all rights reserved
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light‐brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Position two oven racks in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Divide dough into 24 portions, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Roll each portion between your hands to form a smooth ball. Place balls of dough on ungreased cookie sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. (You should get about 12 cookies per sheet.) Using a fork, press on dough in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern. Bake 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove with a spatula and let cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe and photo courtesy Dreyer’s Ice Cream
Makes 1 serving
Truly an ice cream lover’s best friend.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 regular or sugar ice cream cone (such as Joy Gluten Free Ice Cream Cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 large scoop DREYER’S SLOW CHURNED® Peanut Butter Cup
- 5-7 NESTLE TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 large or small peanut butter cup candies
- Spread peanut butter in a one-inch-wide strip around top of cone to create a “collar”.
- Place peanuts in a small dish. Dip peanut butter edge of cone into peanuts, rolling cone to coat peanut butter with peanuts.
- Place scoop of ice cream onto top of cone. Arrange chocolate chips for eyes and mouth.
- Cut a peanut butter cup candy in half for two ears and place on sides of ice cream.
- Place a whole peanut butter cup candy on top for a hat.
- Serve immediately or freeze. (Repeat for additional buddies.)
Frozen PB&J Tart Yogurt Sandwich
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dreyer’s Ice Cream
Makes 9 sandwich squares
The tart yogurt makes your lips pucker. The thick, creamy peanut butter ice cream keeps them that way. But the sweet and tasty deliciousness makes it all worthwhile.
- 9 scoops (about 3/4 carton) SLOW CHURNED® Yogurt Blends Vanilla
- 18 graham cracker squares or rectangles, halved (such as Kinnikinnick S’moreables)
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons strawberry, grape or favorite jam
- Line an 8×8-inch metal pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang on two ends.
- Scoop SLOW CHURNED® Yogurt Blends Vanilla into pan and let soften slightly. Spread evenly; cover pan and return to freezer until firm, about 1 hour.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter on 9 of the graham crackers. Spread about 1 teaspoon jam on the remaining 9 graham crackers.
- Remove pan from freezer. Holding plastic wrap, lift frozen yogurt from pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 9 even squares. Remove a square from plastic wrap and place on peanut butter side of a cracker; top with another cracker jam side down. Wrap sandwiches individually or place in a covered container and freeze until ready to serve or up to 3 days.
Nutty Banana Zipzicle™ Pops
No monkeying around here…these cool PB and banana treats will have the kids wanting more!
- 2 fresh bananas
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (we use organic)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 6 Zipzicle bags (available at www.zipzicles.com)
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Place in blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pinching the top of the Zipzicle™ bag open, or using a wide funnel, fill Zipzicle bags to just under fill line. Zip closed and place in freezer in an upright position (within mug or container works well). Freeze and Enjoy!
*(by the zipzicles’ photo)
Make your own popsicle-type treats with Zipzicles™! These easy-to-use bags can be filled to make any combination of juice ingredients your imagination can dream up! The bags are easy to take along in the car or to the park, and parents don’t have to worry about a mess!
Go to www.zipzicles.com