Football Fan? Food Fan? We’ve got you covered!
Brian Emmett is at it again…stopping by to share some easy football grub, easy enough to whip up at a moment’s notice when the crowd decides to watch the big game at your place. Taking two classic favorites, Brian has shared simple recipes for some mouthwatering beef chili and a classic grilled cheese.
Savory Suggestion: when eating these two together, dunking the gooey sandwich into the chili is sure to score some extra points in flavor!
Brian Emmett’s Beef Chili
1 cup of beef stock
1 tablespoon of gluten-free soy sauce
1 tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
1 large onion chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 lbs ground sirloin
1/2 cup of chili powder
1/4 cup of cumin
2 teaspoons of turmeric
2 teaspoons of coriander
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1 12-ounce can or bottle gluten-free beer (your favorite)
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 4-ounce can of diced green chilies
1 14-ounce can of dark red kidney beans
1 14-ounce can of light red kidney beans
1. Mix beef stock with soy and Worcestershire sauces.
2. Sauté onions in olive oil and season with salt and pepper until translucent; then add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes more. Add ground sirloin and brown until almost cooked through then add all spices to meat onion and garlic mixture.
3. Add beer and reduce by half; then add crushed tomatoes and beef stock mixture. Cook simmering for 1 hour.
4. Before serving, add chilies and beans until heated through. Serve with your favorite accompaniments!
Gluten-Free Grilled Cheese
Makes 1 sandwich
Butter, about two teaspoons
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
2 slices gluten-free bread (such as Canyon Bakehouse)
1 slice each of American, Cheddar, Monterrey Jack and Swiss cheeses
Salt and pepper
1. Spread butter and olive oil evenly over each piece of bread. Place one slice bread, butter side down, on Panini press. Top with cheeses and cover cheeses with other piece of bread.
2. Turn press on to medium high. Cook about 3 minutes, or until bread is golden brown. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
SERVE YOUR CHILI UP RIGHT… with these Gold Flamed Double-Handled Soup Crocks from Williams Sonoma. Crafted from high-fired stoneware, these crocks offer a great non-stick surface to let your chili or soup slide with ease to get every last bite.
$19.96, set of 4