I love zucchini! Enough said.
It doesn’t matter if it’s grilled, fried, or rolled around a gourmet piece of cheese. I use it to make my own “pasta” and it’s a great substitute for a veggie lasagna. Plus, it’s wonderful and flavorful in so many baked goods! So, you can imagine my excitement this week when I saw post after post of great ideas for using this versatile food to create many fabulous recipes. Adding in a few recipes I rounded up myself, here are a few of the top links for you to indulge in your favorite zucchini dish. Keep in mind, not all recipes are listed as specifically gluten-free; however, they are easily adaptable to create your own sans- gluten versions. Great dishes to celebrate the warm weather, as well as cozy enough to enjoy throughout fall and winter!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins (photo above)
Makes approximately 24 muffins
Photo and recipe provided courtesy of Elana’s Pantry
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (do not pack down when measuring)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, honey, and zucchini.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with grapeseed oil and lightly dust with coconut flour.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Check out these links that will fill weeks’ worth of zucchini-worthy recipes!