Make your table lovely and luscious with these Easter brunch selections from Jones Dairy Farm. All infused with delicious Jones Dairy Farm products, your menu will be enjoyed by family and friends!
Strawberry Bacon Shortcakes
Makes 6 servings
1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 tablespoons sugar
8 ounces Jones Dry Aged bacon, chopped and fried
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon half and half
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Stir lightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch cubes and add to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it resembles coarse meal.
3. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the half and half and beaten egg. Add to the flour mixture, along with the bacon, and mix just until it starts to come together. Pour out onto a work surface and knead just until it comes together, being careful to not overwork the dough.
4. Pat the dough into a 9×6-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into six 3×3-square shortcakes. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet . Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon of half and half on the tops of the shortcakes and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Place the cream in a large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Slowly add in the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 24 servings
1 Jones Dairy Farm Fully Cooked Ham
3/4 cup apple jelly
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Unwrap ham and place in a large roasting pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. If desired, use a sharp knife to score surface of ham into diamond shapes.
3. Combine jelly, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; mix well. Spread 1/3 of mixture evenly over top of ham (glaze will melt and spread as it cooks).
4. Bake 1 hour; spread 1/3 of jelly mixture over surface of ham; continue baking for 1 hour. Spread remaining jelly mixture over surface of ham; continue to bake until internal temperature of ham reaches 140ºF, about 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Transfer ham to carving board; let stand 5 minutes before carving into slices.
Makes 12 servings
3 cups refrigerated shredded potatoes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (7-ounce) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links, thawed and chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup shallots. chopped
1/4 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Additional salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix potatoes, butter, salt, and pepper. Press 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin cup and press up sides. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges brown.
3. Heat skillet over medium high heat, add sausage and brown. Drain fat and add peppers, shallots and mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Spoon evenly into cups.
4. In a bowl, whisk eggs and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide evenly into cups and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Makes 4 servings
6 cups spring salad greens
1 (6 ounces) package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup fresh raspberries or additional strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup reduced fat gluten-free raspberry vinaigrette or balsamic salad dressing
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place greens in a large bowl. Cut Canadian bacon into short, thin strips; add to bowl. Add strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and dressing; toss well.
2. Transfer to four dinner plates; top with almonds and pepper.
EASY…Make your own dressing!
Create your own raspberry vinaigrette by combining 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon minced shallots, and salt and pepper to taste. Combine all in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well.
Balsamic Vinaigrette can be made by combining 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1-2 tablespoons finely minced shallots, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Whisk ingredients together.