Who doesn’t love chocolate…it is great tasting, makes us feel happy, and is the perfect way to say Happy Valentine’s Day! For kids and adults alike, February 14th is the perfect day to indulge in some sweet treats, and these recipes from Land O’Lakes® is the perfect way to celebrate!
Raspberry Chocolate Truffles
These delectable truffles are the perfect treat for your sweetheart!
Makes 30 truffles
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Land O’Lakes® Butter
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
2 (8-ounce) packages semi-sweet high-quality chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon kirsch, raspberry liqueur or orange juice
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1. Place whipping cream, butter, and raspberry jam in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter and jam are melted (3 to 5 minutes). Continue cooking until mixture begins to bubble around edges (1 to 2 minutes).
2. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate and kirsch until melted and smooth. Stir in nuts. Place mixture in medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate until firm (5 to 6 hours).
3. Working quickly, roll chocolate mixture into 30 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place onto waxed paper-lined pan. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
4. Roll chocolate balls in cocoa. To serve, place in mini paper cups.
Whoopie pies are not pies at all but a cake-like sandwich cookie. Enjoy this chocolate version that is filled with a delicious salted caramel buttercream.
Makes 4 ½ dozen whoopee pies
1 (21-ounce) package gluten- and wheat-free chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup Land O’Lakes® Butter, melted
1/2 cup water
3 Land O’Lakes® All-Natural Eggs
1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup Land O’Lakes® Butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup prepared caramel sauce
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, water, and eggs in large bowl; stir gently to combine. Let batter rest for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Drop batter by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
3. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to wire cooling rack.
4. Place 1 cup butter in medium bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until well mixed. Add caramel sauce, 1 teaspoon sea salt and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
5. Pipe or spread rounded teaspoonful filling onto bottom of 1 cookie; place second cookie, bottom-side down over filling. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
Easy homemade candy recipe! These buttercream candies are simple to make with powdered sugar, butter and cream cheese.
Makes 60 candies
1/2 cup Land O’Lakes® Butter, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (you can substitute almond, orange or rum extract)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) real semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1. Combine butter and cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth. Add vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding powdered sugar, until well mixed. (If mixture is too soft, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to form balls.)
2. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture into 1-inch balls. Place onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover loosely; refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
3. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (3 to 4 minutes). Dip buttercreams into chocolate mixture using toothpicks; let excess chocolate drip off. Place onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set.